Repackaged for today's audience, the Alpha Film Series is emotive, engaging and epic in scale and scope. Nicky Gumbel and two new presenters, Toby Flint and Gemma Hunt, will be walking us through the regular Alpha material in a way that everyone can relate to.
The episodes will feature inspiring stories and interviews from all around the world, as well as visual illustrations and motion graphics.
The Alpha Film Series was launched globally on 14 April 2016, across several continents on the same day to create a wave of attention. Follow our hashtag #AlphaFilmSeries for more sneak peeks.
The Alpha Film Series will cover all the traditional content that the current Alpha materials do. There will be sixteen episodes of fifteen sessions (30 minutes each) and one introduction to the Alpha day/weekend (10 minutes), as well as two training videos (30 minutes each).
The English version will be available to download for free on Alpha Builder from April 2016. For the other versions in Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin and Hindi, they will be ready from September 2016.
- Episode 1: Is there more to life than this?
- Episode 2: Who is Jesus?
- Episode 3: Why did Jesus die?
- Episode 4: How can I have faith?
- Episode 5: Why and how should I pray?
- Episode 6: Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Episode 7: How does God guide us?
- Episode 8: Introduction to the Alpha Day/Weekend (Weekend introduction)
- Episode 9: Who is the Holy Spirit? (Weekend talk 1)
- Episode 10: What does the Holy Spirit do? (Weekend talk 2)
- Episode 11: How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit? (Weekend talk 3)
- Episode 12: How can I make the most of the rest of my life? (Weekend talk 4)
- Episode 13: How can I resist evil?
- Episode 14: Why and how should I tell others?
- Episode 15: Does God heal today?
- Episode 16: What about the church?
WHAT IS ALPHA?
29 million people have tried Alpha in 169 countries and 112 languages. Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith. No pressure. No follow up. No charge.
It runs in churches, bars, coffee shops and homes all around the globe. Typically, Alpha includes food, a short talk and a discussion at the end where guests can share their thoughts.