Alpha is run in over 46 countries in Africa and in 2016, Alpha ran in almost 2,300 churches and organisations. More than 46,000 youth in schools, universities and campuses and 11,000 prisoners in more than 200 prisons did Alpha in 2016. In total, more than 2 million people have done Alpha in Africa to date. Last year over 1,200 delegates from 17 nations came together for training, envisioning of senior church leaders and the launch of the Alpha Film Series, at our five Africa Week events in Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria and Ethiopia.
- Pray for the protection of all Alpha staff and volunteers across Africa.
- Pray for the upcoming Africa week in Addis Ababa. Pray for all event preparations, visas and safe travels.
- Pray for the recruitment processes for the Fundraising Coordinator, Digital Development Manager, Media and Communications Intern and Design intern. Pray we find the right people for the roles in good time.
- Pray for all the churches that attended the launch of the Alpha Youth Series as they run new courses in 2018 to reach youth in their communities.
- Pray for the registration process for the office in Ethiopia.
- Pray for the recruitment of a new board chair and a national director in Uganda.
Got a question? Say hello and we'll be happy to help. If you're looking to get in touch with Alpha around the globe, find a team where you are.